Queen Tatoo Co. offers several permanent makeup options including:
Lip Shading/Lip Blushing
Powder Brow/Brow Shading
Stretch Mark Camouflage
PRE & POST CARE: PERMANENT MAKEUP FOR EYES
It is our goal to ensure that you are satisfied with your permanent makeup results. At first, your permanent makeup may appear darker than you expected. Remember that the applied pigment will lighten. It is essential that you strictly adhere to the following guidelines before and after your procedure for the best results. Please feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL PROCEDURES
GUIDELINES FOR ALL PROCEDURES
- No sun or tanning before or after the procedure.
- Avoid direct shower water pressure on the treated area until healed.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E or ibuprofen unless medically needed 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before the procedure.
- Please come to the appointment with a clean face and without makeup.
- Be aware that getting a procedure while on your period can make you hyper-sensitive.
- Avoid extreme exercise before or directly after a procedure.
- Avoid swimming or hot tubs until the treated area has healed.
- Please allow time for the procedure to heal before going on vacation or attending any special events.
- Use only the ointment that is recommended for aftercare. If an allergic reaction occurs, please look for medical assistance.
- Wash hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap before touching the treated area.
- NEVER pick the scabs or use your nails to scratch the treated areas. Let the scabs fall by themselves.
REMEMBER: Swelling is normal for all procedures. Apply an ice pack for 10 minutes or less. Dry skin, itching, and tenderness on treated areas are be expected. These symptoms will stop and vary on an individual basis.
GUIDELINES FOR EYEBROW PROCEDURES
- Bring your favorite eyebrow pencil. Please come to the appointment without makeup on.
- DO NOT tweeze, wax, have electrolysis or get sunburned for one week before treatment. If you plan to wax or tint your eyebrows, wait for two weeks after the procedure for healing to occur. Regular makeup can be worn 72 hours after the procedure.
- DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH, OR PICK AT YOUR EYEBROWS! Let any residual pigment come off naturally. Apply ointment for 7 to 10 days. Use a small amount twice daily.
- Blank areas of pigment may occur which is normal and will be corrected in the follow-up appointment.
Below are some common but temporary reactions that might occur following your eyebrow procedure. These reactions are normal and will disappear as you heal. **It is essential to prevent infection of the treated area. Wash hands thoroughly before touching or applying ointment to the treated area.
* Dryness, itching, tenderness, and redness in the treatment area.
* After the first application, there might be ‘bald spots’ on the skin where the pigment did not take. This is a normal condition after the first appointment that will be corrected during the second meeting.
GUIDELINES FOR EYELINER PROCEDURES
- Do not wear your contact lenses. Bring your glasses. Clean contacts can be worn 72 hours after the application of the eyeliner.
- Please come to the appointment without makeup. Makeup can be worn 72 hours after the procedure. Please buy a new tube of mascara to use after eyeliner applications.
- Do not use oily makeup remover, baby oil, mineral oil, or heavy creams, especially glycol. We prefer Almay non-oily makeup remover pads, Cetaphil, or Ponds non-oily formula.
- Eyelash tinting or eyelash penning must be done at least 72 hours before the procedure and can be done two weeks following the procedure.
- DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH, OR PICK AT YOUR EYES! Let any residual pigment come off naturally.
- Use after-care ointment for only three days. Apply a small amount twice a day to keep the area moist.
Below are some common but temporary reactions that might occur following your eyeliner procedure. These reactions are normal and will disappear as you heal. **It is imperative to prevent infection of the treated area. Wash hands thoroughly before touching or applying ointment to the treated area.
* Eyelashes stick together after waking in the morning.
* Puffy, red eyelids with slight bruising for two or three days.
* Itching or tenderness in the eye area.
* It is normal for the lower eyeliner to disappear after the first application. This condition can be caused by quick healing or swelling of the area, histamine production (which can reject the pigment), and climate (which can cause evaporation and fast drying out of pigment).
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about this procedure.
GUIDELINES FOR SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION
The scalp pigmentation procedure involves applying pigments to replicate the looks of real hair follicles and give the impression of a head full of hair that just has been shaven, restoring the confidence for many people. Most people appreciate the look of a shaved head instead of living with different types of hair loss problems.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO AFTER YOUR FIRST MICROPIGMENTATION SESSION?
- Don’t Wash Your Head in the First 3 Days. It can be very tempting to try to wash your head initially but don’t do it. Your scalp is still sensitive after the procedure, and you can ruin it if you apply water to your head.
- Make sure that you avoid any physical effort that can make you sweat as well. Sweating can prevent the scalp from healing correctly, so don’t go to the gym or jog in the park for a minimum of 5 days.
- At the same time, keep in mind that you shouldn’t go out in the sun for long periods for up to 30 days since your last micro-pigmentation procedure. Sunlight contains dangerous UV rays that can interfere with the healing process of your scalp.
- Wear a loosely fitted clean hat if you go out in bright sunlight to protect your scalp and let the natural pigments do their job. Another thing you should remember is to avoid swimming in pools, lakes, seas, or rivers and tanning beds. Swimming can expose your scalp to salty water or chlorine and this can ruin the results of your micropigmentation procedure. You are not allowed to swim for up to 30 days since your last procedure.
- You Can Shave Your Head Starting With Day 4. If you want to shave your head, now would be a good time to do it. Make sure that you use a delicate tool to not disturb the pigment under your skin.
- You Can Also Take a Light Shower but with a Mild Sulfate-free Shampoo. Starting with day 4, you can apply small amounts of water to your head. It’s ok to take a quick, light shower, but stay away from sulfate shampoo. Shower with lukewarm water to prevent the scalp from sweating.
- If you must work out, do minimal physical activities. Lift a few light weights and don’t go for a complete cardio session as this will make you sweat too much.
- Resume Your Normal Routine Starting With Day 7.
- After a full week, your scalp will be healed. You can use a rotary shaver if you want, but try to stay away from wet shaving with a blade.
- After a week you can resume going to go to the gym; feel free to sweat as much as you can during your workout sessions.
- You Can Swim Starting With Day 30
- After a month, you can do pretty much anything you want, provided that you don’t have any upcoming micro-pigmentation sessions. You can go to a pool and swim; you can go out during sunny days and resume your regular lifestyle.
- You can use a sauna if you’d like to, as your scalp will be completely healed by this point.
- However, make sure that you use non-greasy sunscreen if you go out during a scorching summer day. You can also wear a light-colored hat to protect your scalp from dangerous UV rays. Many men use a moisturizing cream on their heads for an added feeling of comfort.
DO YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE PROCEDURE?
For the best results, clients are required to do a few scalp micropigmentation procedures. These are separated by a few days and each session can last for 2-3 hours on average.
Men who are completely bald might require a longer procedure to ensure that the scalp replicates the looks of natural hair follicles.
Your artist will communicate the ideal number of sessions required, but it is typically 2-3.
Additionally, keep track of your symptoms after each procedure. Mild redness with minimal swelling is normal during the first days after your micro-pigmentation session, but if the swelling is severe, contact your doctor as this could be the sign of an infection. Fever is another symptom of infection and it shouldn’t be ignored.
636 3rd St S
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
TUES-SAT 10 AM – 7 PM
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Our shop welcomes walk-ins, however, it’s not guaranteed that our artists will have availability for same-day service. To secure your time, use the form below to schedule your appointment and we’ll get back to you with date/time info.